Losing weight certainly isn’t the easiest thing to do, and we often get distracted, taking our eyes off the weight loss goal. We often almost always succumb to our weight-loss struggles, but you don’t have to anymore.
Now, you too can remain focused on your weight loss goal. While the following tips will not exactly simplify weight loss for you, they are definitely intended to make it just a little easier, and just a little bit more achievable.
Your focal points on your weight loss goals should be:
1. Gradual loss: Too many people focus on losing lots of weight super-fast. Well, they are usually successful at their goal but its an unhealthy way to lose weight. And they are more likely to gain the weight all back. Instead of focusing on quick weight loss, focus instead on gradual loss and on learning sustainable eating habits to last you a lifetime.
2. Nutrition: Exercising and committing to a regular exercise regime is a great way to lose weight, but your focus should not only be on exercise but on good nutrition as well. Be deliberate in what you eat and only use exercise as a way to supplement your calorie burn.
It is wrong to keep on eating all the junk that you like with the intention of losing the extra weight via exercise. The wear and tear on your body will age you quickly. So, focus on nutrition.
3. Your hunger signs: Most dieters make the dieting mistake of eating only when they are absolutely ravenous and cannot stave off the hunger pangs anymore. Guess what, you don’t make good healthy food decisions when hungry.
At this point, your blood-sugar level is quite low, and all your body just wants is a quick sugar fix. So, learn to focus on your hunger signs and feed your body when your hunger is in its early stages, and not when it has become an inferno that cannot be easily quenched.
4. Your satiation point: Pay attention to your body when you eat. When you practice mindful eating, you will cease to cram food into your stomach when you’re full. Eat slowly, chew thoroughly, drink water often, and take pauses.
When you pay attention to your satiation point, you will not overeat and thus save yourself a few hundred calories. And before you go for a second helping, sit back for five minutes and determine if you still really need another helping.
5. Healthy options: It makes no sense avoiding junk food if you will not focus on healthier options. Before cutting your sugar fixes out of your diet, be sure to make provision for healthier options. Go out with a bottle of water so that you are less tempted to grab a soda. Keep a packet of nuts in your car and you are less likely to run into the grocery for a bar of chocolate.
6.Water: Finally, focus your beam on water. You will not only stay super hydrated, but drinking lots of water also means you eat less. Keep a bottle of water within reach at all times.